Here is one of my favorite sandwich spreads and a delicious way to use that mountain of left-over turkey from Thanksgiving Dinner. This recipe is a lighter version of the salad you can get in the market and is easy on the waistline.
You will need:
· 1-2 pounds shredded left-over turkey
· 1/2 cup dried cranberries
· 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
· 1/2 cup finely diced celery
· 1/2 tsp dried mint leaves
· 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup light salad dressing ( I prefer Hellman’s)
To shred the turkey I put it into the food processor and pulse it several times to get to the right consistency. Next, put the turkey and other ingredients into a mixing bowl and fold the salad dressing in until the mixture is spreadable. Now you are ready to make sandwiches on the bread of your choice and have a nice lunch.
· Turkey salad on mini croissants with a little feta cheese makes a nice snack or brunch item,
· Try using small savory tortillas like tomato basil or garlic to make turkey salad wraps
· Serve it on dark rye toast with cheese and a good wine for a romantic snack with your lover